Help assistance to install Cubase artist 11 and UR44C have been working on Cubase 4 since 2008

I have been running Cubase 4 on an old iMac since 2008 – Both the iMac and Cubase 4 are not working properly anymore - I have a USB eLicenser - I’m now moving over to Windows and will be purchasing Cubase 11 Artist – I’ve already purchased a Steinberg UR44C Interface. At this point I’m wondering if there’s any correct steps/procedure to get up and running so I don’t create any problems during the process. Should I install the Cubase Artist 11 software first before the interface - or vice versa – and/or should I plug in my eLicenser to the PC and download the latest eLicenser software first before doing anything? I appreciate any help, assistance and guidance with this.

Hi. You should install the interface and drivers first according to the UR44C Manuals. There is a Startup Guide pdf that instructs you how to do it.
You should be able to use your eLicesnser too. Install the latest version of the software from here: eLicenser SW
Then install Cubase.

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply – after many years on an old iMac using Cubase 4 - I’m now heading into navigating a new operating system - a new version of Cubase - and can see the procedure and steps in getting the interface / USB eLicenser registration and the Cubase 11 install activated (and all up and running smoothly together) can be tricky for some customers. I appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

Wanted to say everything went smoothly - now up and running - Cubase Artist 11 with UR44C interface, Windows 10. Thanks again for your reply

1 Like

Good to hear. Enjoy making music in your new setup.