Help!! CI 2+ not transmitting microphone signal to my mac

Hi there,

I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.
My problem that i seem to be be encountering is that the audio interface is being detected BY the mac AND the microphone is being detected by the audio interface, but i can’t seem to get my macbook to recognise the mic. It doesn’t appear on the midi audio setup. The audio interface itself i can view, but the mic isn’t showing up. I know that the microphone is being picked up by the audio interface, but it refuses to transmit the corresponding signal to my macbook, any ideas?

Also, the VST Audio System doesn’t even pick up the mic, the only ASIO driver it can detect is the built in audio.

Thanks guys

I’m not a mac guy, so I don’t know how helpful this will be. Perhaps one will respond with more helpful info.

Did you install the CI tools? This is where the ASIO driver (or the mac equivalent) for the interface is located. It’s always best to ignore the disk that came with the product and download the latest version from the mysteinberg web site.

Did you plug in the interface and wait until the system recognized it BEFORE starting your DAW software?

Are you using Cubase? If so, did you set the system up in Devices/VST Connections (or choose one of the CI Templates on opening a project in Cubase)?

The mic input is NOT a MIDI signal. It is audio. Completely different, and handled differently by the system.

Hopefully this will be enough to get you started.