Help! Creating a click track that fits pre-recorded rubato and tempo changes

I created a project and recorded all the midi tracks myself, including piano and a fairly large orchestra. I did it without a click track because as a classical musician the music is never recorded to click track, so I just followed my score. But now I just realised I need to create a click track because we need to record some tracks remotely with some musician friends (pandemic problems!). I know, newbie mistake!!! Don’t even tell me. I should have recorded to click track and then adjusted the metronome marks and all of that. But, hey, now I’ve done that, what can I do to fix it?

You might check out Project>Tempo Detection. Good chance it will get you at least part of the way there, then you can tweak individual tempo points.

Use it on the midi events with the most obvious pulse.

(btw, voting on your own post does not make more visible or anything like that.)

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, Steve. Sorry I’m not sure how that happened. I’m still trying to figure out how this new forum works.

How do I prevent things like audio files and midi files from moving around when I move the tempo though? I don’t want to accidentally move things. It might be catastrophic.

After you do the tempo detection, be sure to set all your tracks back to Musical Timebase.

And-- do a Save-As, so you are not working on the only copy of the project. You have a good backup strategy in place already, I’m sure… :wink:

You will also have to re-edit time sig changes all will be in 1/4.

1 Like

Great. I’ll give this a try and post my results here once I do. Thanks :pray:t2:

1 Like