HELP: Cubase 11 and M-Audio Oxygen 61 MK4 Problems

As I said in the OP, “Pressing the Auto button does nothing…”, so telling me to press the Auto button is not helpful either. Maybe you should’ve ‘read closely’ before you replied.

I’m not being unfriendly either, just pointing out that taking threads off topic is a waste of time,

So let us noobs rejoice in the glorious nearly-free midi studio we can build once we overcome a few hurdles!
NOBODY has mentioned, therefore everybody forgot, that we have a PRESET EDITOR and 114 page USER GUIDE from M-Audio website. (If not, go get it.) So I have the same problem and I’m betting this will solve it. I have the PRO 61 keyboard.
The problem so far is that all those buttons, including the transport, are mapped to note keys and are only striking notes. Even though I followed the initial instructions on the DAW setup for Cubase! And I’m thinking - can’t be that hard. There is a lot of complexity piled up here. Which is why neither M-Audio nor Cubase support has a simple answer for their forum members with this problem.
As it turns out the problem is with Cubase (read on) which has to be configured to patch its midi in from the Oxygen keyboards’ midi out - and that’s what the brief setup instructions do - with a couple of caveats.

1 Like

Once I did the Cubase Studio Setup directions exactly as documented (following the picture) - the faders work now as volume track level instead of pitch, and the transport controls are verified to work. That’s your basic setup until you get into the preset editor utility. Finally reading the full User’s Guide that “midi patching” exercise that the Cubase internal Setup is limited to (keeping it short if not simple) should also enable other knob ang button functions that I haven’t tested yet - that will be a while - you’re probably on your own.

Some other things that go wrong:
* The transport controls do not work if you have the screen in any other mode than Keys Octave +/- indicator (or in standby mode if Cubase isn’t the active window.) Make it so by clicking in it.
* The mode button may need to be pressed to put it through a cycle.
* Still no instrument sound? The track volume fader on the keyboard is too low.
* If you want to play the keyboard, the instrument track must be armed (record light on.)

PLEASE ADD ANY ADDITIONAL SHOW STOPPERS.

1 Like

BTW - here is the USER GUIDE page 3 verbiage that informs you of the issue:
Most DAWs will automatically recognize the Oxygen Pro series keyboard, and automatically configure your Oxygen Pro’s controls as a control surface in DAW mode, and virtual instrument controller in Preset mode. If your DAW does not automatically configure your Oxygen Pro series keyboard, please follow the setup steps listed in the Oxygen Pro DAW Setup Guide

1 Like

Hello John,
How did you advance in the struggle setting up oxygen pro 61 for cubase 12? Any newer solutions?
Were you able to reach a workable solution, or make functional oxygen pro presets / cubase 12 remote scripts?