HELP HELP!! Performance issues when I add reverb in LE5

I am using LE5 on a lap top. Recently I have had problems with tracks playing whenever I add reverb effects with either Pantheon or roomworks. The track just skips, stutters, and distorts. This has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE until recently. I am in the middle of a paid project that I need to finish. I don’t understand why this is happening. I haven’t changed anything with my computer system at all. I know my ram is low, but it always has been and I have never had problems before. This just started happening in the last couple of months! When I take the effect off, everything is fine, but when I add reverb, the performance issue starts up again. HELP PLEASE! Is there something I can change in the settings or what? Should I uninstall and reinstall?? I wish there were someone I could physically talk to about this instead of leaving messages. I need this resolved ASAP so I can finish this project so I can be paid! HELP!!!
I’m on a Dell Inspiron E1505
Intel(r) CPU T2050 @ 1.6GHz 1.60 GHz
2.00 GB
32-bit Operating System
Windows 7 pro
I have NEVER had any issues with the performance of the program until the last month or two.

Vidgirl8: What interface “Soundcard” are you using :question:

Have you tried uninstalling the Pantheon reverb
to see if it may be your problem. :question:
Is roomworks part of your Cubase Le5 version, I’ve forgotten. :question:
Are you over driving your Effect Sends causing Distortion :question:

Have you tried using Cubase Le5’s stock reverbs :question:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t know what sound card that is. All I can see is high definition audio device. Pantheon is a part of the cubase. How would you uninstall a part of the whole program. Roomworks is the stock reverb. I don’t know what “effect sends” are I don’t use that.

Vidgirl8: Watch this video on FX channels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBqVgdI53yI&list=PL2AB523E1408B0550

IMO – most people who use Cubase use FX channels — go to Project>add track> fx channel.
also you’ll notice in the video he recommends that you
turn the mix knob all the way up to 100 on the roomworks
and your individual return channels kept at a lower level.

I have a feeling you’ve been using the reverbs on the insert channels
and overdriving the reverbs. :wink:

PS: The video shown is Cubase 5
but it works the same in Cubase Le5 :smiley:

That’s far more complicated than I know what to do with. I just use the inserts. I primarily use the Pantheon reverb and I customize the reverb effects individually by tweaking/adjusting to get the sound I want. I don’t understand what you mean by overdriving. I just want to know why this is happening now and fix it, because it has never been a problem before.

Vidgirl8: It’s because your putting way to much signal into the reverbs–there to HOT-OVERDRIVING-Causing Distortion
by using the inserts

INSERTS are more for Compressors, eq’s, gates etc.
there not really for Reverbs and Delays although you can use them.

fx channels are easy to use.

1. click on “Project” on the tool bar-Top Left
  2. click on Add Track
  3. click on fx channel
  4. click the Down arrow where it says effect
    and click Pantheon
  5. now open up your mixer – Devices Mixer
  6. look for your fx channel strip-- probably on the far right.
  7. click the “E” button on the fx channel strip
  8. on the top left you should see Pantheon—first slot
  9. now Close that out.
  10. now click on another channels “E” button say a vocal channel
  11. on the top RIGHT of that channel in the first slot
  12. click on it and open pantheon
  13. theres a little “snowflake” right above it-- click on it–it activate’s that slot
  14. do you see the little white dot under the word pantheon
  15. left click on it and drag it to the right ---- to the right increases reverb — to the left decreases reverb
  16. push play on your transport you should hear reverb now.

PS: Vidgirl8 – Watch that video a few more times
and take a peek at your Start up Manual for Cubase Le5 P. 50

Ok I got it. Read your instructions and found the setion in my book that covers that. I use The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Cubase which has been very helpful. Before I tried your solution, I ran the track like I normally do and there was no problem. Maybe it was a temporary glitch, but I will try running the reverb this way on this project and see how that works. Thank you for your help.

Glad to have helped Vidgirl8 :smiley: :smiley: