(Help!)How to fit a MIDI part which is 2 times slower than the project tempo

Hi there,

(It’s the third time Ive created this kind of problem for myself because of sheer negligence, and Im sick and tired of rerecording parts… :confused: )
The project tempo is 130 bpm. There are a lot of tracks - both MIDI and audio - in this project, with lots of VSTi-s loaded. In order to avoid glitches and freezes, I decided to record additional MIDI track in a new project, but set the wrong tempo - 65 bpm - which is two times slower than the original one.
In other words, I played eighth notes at 65 bpm instead of playing quarter notes at 130 bpm.
I will have to tweak the MIDI events of this new track within the original project, so rendering the audio and exporting it won’t be a good option for me.

Is it possible to ‘stretch’ this new MIDI track so that its tempo matches the project tempo, or somehow change the duration of all notes of this MIDI track using automation?

Paul

Not sure where because Cubase isn’t open, but in the MIDI menu there’s some “functions”, where you can find “double tempo” in the “standard set 1”

Yes. The Select Tool (arrow) has a drop-down with several variants. Use the one where dragging resizes the content (sorry not at DAW for specific name). Then just resize the MIDI Part like normal so that it occupies however many bars that it should. The MIDI Events in the Part will stretch and contract appropriately.

Yes, those are factory presets in the Logical Editor.

Yes. The Select Tool (arrow) has a drop-down with several variants. Use the one where dragging resizes the content (sorry not at DAW for specific name). Then just resize the MIDI Part like normal so that it occupies however many bars that it should. The MIDI Events in the Part will stretch and contract appropriately.
[/quote]

Raino, thank you so much!!! It works perfectly! :sunglasses:

mk1x86 and steve, thanks for your advice. The problem is that I use Elements, and the Logical Editor is disabled by design in this version of Cubase.
Raino has come up with a really simple solution which works flawlessly.