Thanks for the feedback, Jos.
I have always disabled Windows update and never updated manually, as long as Cubase was running smoothly (if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it).
I have now updated my Windows 8 (first updated and then upgraded to 8.1), but unfortunately this didn’t resolve the problem.
I have also noticed that I have severe problems running HalionSonic SE. At one moment, I cannot load additional instruments anymore (the loading stops halfway) and very often, when I load a certain project, the last couple of instruments I had loaded into HalionSonic SE just don’t play anymore. I recall having had this problem with the new Groove Agent also.
Also, randomly, GUI’s of plugins or even the channel edit window don’t load or load partially. Closing and reopening them sometimes helps, but renders Cubase quite unstable.
So I suspect it might be an issue with my RAM.
To be continued…