Help!! Inspector sections won't expand anymore

Hello I have this problem once in a while since using Cubase in Windows 8. (Cubase 7 and 7.5). I noticed that problems only disappear after a new Windows update (doens’t matter which). Trashing preferences never helps.

Since there’s always a new Windows update, this problem doesn’t exist for a long time. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback, Jos.

I have always disabled Windows update and never updated manually, as long as Cubase was running smoothly (if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it).
I have now updated my Windows 8 (first updated and then upgraded to 8.1), but unfortunately this didn’t resolve the problem.

I have also noticed that I have severe problems running HalionSonic SE. At one moment, I cannot load additional instruments anymore (the loading stops halfway) and very often, when I load a certain project, the last couple of instruments I had loaded into HalionSonic SE just don’t play anymore. I recall having had this problem with the new Groove Agent also.
Also, randomly, GUI’s of plugins or even the channel edit window don’t load or load partially. Closing and reopening them sometimes helps, but renders Cubase quite unstable.

So I suspect it might be an issue with my RAM.
To be continued…

Hi, I had this issue many times before. Every times it happened, there was some Windows updates waiting in the background… and I have seen it affecting other programs than Cubase also. Solution, shutdown the program, update Windows and reboot.

I don’t know if it’s the same problem as you, but for me it’s a Microsoft issue, not a Cubase one.

The strange thing is: there have never been Windows updates waiting (automatic update has been disabled).
And as I said above: I still have the same issues, even after updating.

I have this problem too and after some investigation, I found that on my system doing a soft reboot (windows restart, not a power down) then starting Cubase sorts it out temporarily. IMHO this would seem to indicate Windows 8 install is either screwed up or more likely has some kind of instability in it’s UI code. Steinberg could be struggling with that.

It’s odd that a hard reboot of Windows 8 brings the problem back again but there it is.

This solved it for me (for now :wink: ): http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&p=360611#p360611
The errors seem to be included in the project file.
Resetting the MC and Edit Channel windows and then saving should solve it (see above link).

Soft boots, power down boots, and preference trashing has never solved this problem for me.

Windows restore point has been the only solution. Now, after an antivirus update or a Google Chrome update, I make sure the problem hasn’t resurfaced, then I immediately create a restore point.

The only other software on my laptop is from Steinberg.

Could be your video card. I had a mix console issue that I swore was related to the 7.5 upgrade but it turned out that my secondary video card I installed was sharing IRQ’s with my Firewire card which is what I use to connect my audio interface to my workstation. I resolved the issue by moving my firewire card to a different PCI slot in order to force Windows 7 to assign it another IRQ. Not saying it is the root cause of your problem but worth investigating.

Same problem for me. No response whatever tab I am clicking on.
I’ll try to reinstall cubase and see if that can solve it, but this is fustrating.

I have reinstalled Cubase, but the problem remain. I’ll contact the support team and see if they have a solution.