Help! My Dorico 3.5 suddenly will not run.

My Dorico 3.5 suddenly doesn’t run. It tells me to reactivate, but doesn’t recognize the code and says I’ve got no eLicense – which I do have.
In turning the PC on today, the system did download some upgrades. Everything else works.

Please help. How do I get 3.5 back!

–N

The eLicenser Maintenance says: Step 5: Failed (Recovery License Transactions).

no eLicenser expert; but could ‘Recovery’ (that is from elsewhere) suggest a network failure? Failure to fetch data from the server?

Following Steinberg instructions, I downloaded a new eLicenser Control Center . (The instructions said,“This should fix most problems.” – Yeah, right.) I did a Maintenance and it gave no errors. But eLicenser says I have no valid license! So what do I do next? Steinberg’s “instructions” aren’t very helpful.

–N

Well, I’ll be! The newly installed eLicense says my license number is invalid and thus so is the activation code…But when I just clicked on Dorico 3.5 – it actually came up and appears to be running okay. What do I know about such things!

–N

This kind of thing will often happen after Windows updates itself. Normally the proper procedure is to right-click the ELC.exe executable in the eLicenser Control Center folder and choose Run as Administrator, then let eLCC perform its standard maintenance tasks. That normally sets things right.

Thanks for the advice, Daniel. I’ve saved it for possible future needs. Thanks, again!

–N