Is there any record of what used to be on a dead e-licenser? I know ive registered them all at mysteinberg but only keeps the e-licenser serial it seems. I know cub and vsl are on it, but tho i own 3 of them, the ithers are only viena ve pro and free epic orch on them. This was my main one. So im pretty sure there was more but meh i forget. Ive had these 3 since Gigastudio and gigapulse pro days when it was wav file wild west! Lol. Thanks for all the thoughts!
Also 2 other issues i found, dont know if its a cubase thing or a uad thing; and ill post there too. But as mentioned i have a complex hybrid multi room tracking/ film composition setup that leans towards mission critical on the tracking side. This weekend I lost ability to use all 5 pieces (which have worked for 4 years w cubase), and also all my internal route port names are fakachta
Im using a 2013 12-core mac pro ashtray, 64g, d700. And it has 6 tbolt jacks. Im going to assume its 3 ports on 2 channels, left and right(?? I really need to research this). Running latest Catalina after finally leaving high sierra last month. Its trying hard to offer me big sur, but i dont want to lose clients bc my whole house of cards comes tunbling down, so ill wait. Catalina it is.
So the hardware: right side 3 i use for screens as mini dp, then left top one is my uad chain that goes to the uad 16 to 8p to oct sat to oct sat to twin (all tbolt 2 versions); and the bottom left to a tbolt Aktiko SATA drive chassis w 4 drives.
Recently (last 5 days, possibly coinciding with a 16 firmware update thurs morning) i can not use all 5 pieces. In this config, the twin has become unresponsive and not available on the uad console meter. Whether disconnecting or not the twin all other 4 units work fine. If i disconnect the satellites (since they are useless for recording unless recording to a mix w lot of plugs i guess) and reconnect the twin, it shows up perfectly. So maybe something changed bc it has worked like a trooper for years
2nd issue, trying to switch and route to virtual channels for overdubs has left me with dead channels! I was freaking bc i did dubs last week and my guy later today is coming for dubs and editing…finally after examining everythung, deleting prefs, etc, i found its my naming schema that is off now! Like currently uad16 virt 1/2 is out 33/34; which is named “8p out 1/2” right now. So i have to rebuild my io matrix from scratch and many (fully used) io so this is a drag. Happened same time. Im gonna guess it has to do with newish features in console to allow you to allocate cores for changing virtual channels vs having more cores for plugs and cubase isnt sync’ing to it. So i guess i need to keep those pups stable and never change the config. Anyway. I got solutions on these but just sharing as these are both critical things that would end any session. And i guess ill also need to manually add or subtract uad hardware for tracking vs mixing, tho thatbis highly annoying to keep tabs on and will slow stuff down. Hope these things get attention!
Anyway im green light for tomorrow using the zero downtime tool (since no vienna this week). Thank you for that ability steinberg!