Help. need to slow down an ending

This is second time I’m trying to slow down an ending in a song. first time I couldn’t so I left it like that because the song was mine, not for a client.
This time its for the client, so I have to slow it down because they requested it. All tracks are MIDI this time. I set all tracks to Musical Mode, and still some tracks slow down and some just keep on playing at normal tempo.

Are some of the tracks frozen?

Hippo

no

MIDI tracks frozen? Do you mean instrument tracks, right?

Can you describe your settings more, please? What is your sound generator? If you are using samples, what type of sample do you use? Loops or classical samples (note by note)?

Oh NOOO!!! now when I deleted the tempo change, some parts that were at that point play faster!

No audio tracks. just MIDI and Instrument tracks. about 10 plugins instrument tracks, and 10 vst plugins in “F11” window. total midi tracks: 54. all tracks total: 90 (effect returns etc…)

I guess for the “musical mode” to work properly i had to select it on all tracks before doing the tempo change orwhen i was recording them. why didn’t steinberg make all newly created tracks default to musical mode, becuase I noticed some tracks were created, when I was “creatinga new track” in musical mode and others got created in linear…

why didn’t steinberg make all newly created tracks default to musical mode, becuase I noticed some tracks were created, when I was “creatinga new track” in musical mode and others got created in linear…

Ever considered that they may have provided that option as a preference? :wink:

yes, especially after the headache I just had…

Now where did they stick that option? i even looked under “Appearance”…

In the editing section of the preferences (not any sub section of editing).

“Default Track Time Type”

Thanks, found it. it’s even the first thing on top…

I should stop leaving my glasses in the car i guess