Help Needed with UR22

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased the Steinberg UR22 comes along with Cubase AI 8 and am having problems getting an input signal from the audio interface.

I downloaded the Cubase AI software and installed all drivers for the Steinberg UR22 (from setup disk). I selected the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO in Device Setup… and set the VST Connections. I added audio tracks with the appropriate input and output ports. After enabling the recording of the audio track and selecting record, there is no sound or signal being picked up by my guitar which is plugged directly into the interface. I have also tried a microphone and still no signal.

I would greatly appreciate if someone on the Forum could help me with these issues. I have submitted a request for help on steinberg.net, but have yet to receive a response.

Thanks

Hello,

First, please go to http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_ur22&L=1 and download and install the latest driver for your specific operating system version.

After installing the driver, please open Cubase and go to Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System, and make sure the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver is selected for your audio interface and click OK.

Next go to Devices, VST Connections, Inputs, and under Bus Name at the bottom right-click on Stereo IN and select Remove Bus.

Now at the top click on Add Bus and Add 1 MONO BUS.

Next go to Project, Add Track, Audio, and Add 1 MONO audio track since you are recording a mono signal from your microphone for this example.

Next on your new MONO audio track, make sure the audio input on the track is set to the MONO IN 1 on your specific audio interface and that the Stereo OUT is set to STEREO OUT.

Next click on the little speaker icon and highlight it next to the red record button on the audio track.

You should now be able to see blue metering on the track when you talk into your microphone.

Now press record on the transport bar and should be able to record your microphone onto the MONO audio track.

After you have recorded your vocal, press Stop on the transport bar, and then click on the little speaker icon next to the red record button on the audio track so that the speaker icon is NOT highlighted.

You should now be able to playback and hear your recording.

Thank you,