This isn’t Nuendo specific. But I can’t get any signal to or from Nuendo without a solution. So, I’m posting here anyway.
Tuesday night I finished working for the day, leavig a perfectly working system of N6.5 going out of my RME Raydat card (via 3 ADAT LP connections) into my DA-7 desk. Wednesday morning, the card apparently dropped the link between the desk and I’ve got NO SOUND!
- All 3 slots on my my DA-7 are crossed out and in UNLOCK status
- All 4 slots of my Raydat card are showing NO LOCK status.
WHAT’S BEEN TRIED TO FIX THE PROBLEM:
- I did a FACTORY RESET to wake up the routing issue. I did. No change.
- I did a LOOP-BACK TEST to see if the desk would synch to itself. Everything worked fine.
- I ran the same loop-back test on the card. All 4 slots synched up fine.
- Since, it’s in a PCIe slot, I opened the PC up and RE-SEATED THE CARD. No change
- I UPDATED THE DRIVERS in the RME card. No change.
So, the desk is woking fine. It’s taking wordclock from Big Ben, analog section works fine, monitor play back of external sources as well as test tones all working as expected.
The RME card SAYS that the device is working properly, the drivers are up to date, N6.5 shows the ports as ACTIVE in the first 24 channels and all 4 slots will synch to themselves on the internal clock. Auto synch shows TOC in locked position.
So for all intents and purposes, it’s working fine.
So WHY DID THEY STOP TALKING TO EACH OTHER? I’ve been down since Wednesday trying to sort this out. I’m getting desperate! Can anyone help me with this?