Help - no sound!

You should be able to fix the problem yourself as follows:

1. Quit Dorico.
  2. Find the affected project in the Finder or in Windows Explorer.
  3. Make a copy of the affected project so that you’re not tinkering with the original.
  4. Change the file extension of the project from .dorico to .zip. Confirm that you want to do this when the operating system asks you whether you’re sure.
  5. Unzip the zip archive: on Mac, you can simply double-click it; on Windows (which I don’t have access to right now) I believe you can right-click and choose to uncompress a compressed folder.
  6. Go into the folder that has been created: it will contain four items, one of which is a folder called supplementary_data. Go inside this folder.
  7. Delete the vstaudioengine folder from inside the supplementary_data folder.
  8. Now go back to the folder that contains four items (e.g. score.dtn, scorelibrary.dtn, etc.), but NOT the parent folder, i.e. the folder that contains these four items.
  9. Select these four items (again, NOT by selecting the folder that contains these four items), right-click and choose to archive (Mac) or compress (Windows) them.
  10. A new zip archive called something like archive.zip will be created. Change the filename and the extension from .zip to .dorico.
  11. Now open up your fixed project in Dorico and you should find that it will reload all of the default sounds again for you.