HELP! : ) PLE command to show/hide individual Folders AND Tracks together

The new project logic editor in Cubase 12 Pro is very powerful and allows you to test in real time.
The Fold Project Fold Tracks command
is very important especially if you have a lot of tracks because if Cubase finds itself with several hundreds or even thousands of open tracks
the system starts to seriously slow down
the Alterner default corresponds to the tracks that are in the upper part and that I always want to keep visible
Example:
Tempo Markers Etc…

the zoom show all tracks allows you to have all the tracks you want to see used all the screen

Ok, thanks Dominique. I’ll give it a try. : ) What command do you use if you split the Project Window into upper & lower using the ‘divide track list’ tool (small icon top right)? I think not getting this right can also cause problems. : )

As I have a large screen I always leave the track list division
But if needed I have a command to show or hide my list by default
with the alternate command
and the command project-divide tracks list

It works! Thank you SO much for bearing with me Dominique and going that extra mile. Your help is going to save me loads of time. : ) And thank you to everyone else who has tried to help. Kind regards, Darren (Wales, UK).

1 Like

it’s the least of things Darren
That’s what the forum is for.
I myself have learned and still learn a lot of things.

1 Like

Hi Dominique, as you know a lot more about Cubase than me, I wonder if you know how we can add shortcuts to all our track Configurations? For example, the Key Commands menu only gives us the option to create eight, but I have twelve. I can open the additional four by clicking on the Configurations dropdown box and selecting them, but it would be far quicker if there were shortcuts. : )

For example, the Key Commands menu only gives us the option to create eight, but I have twelve.

I do not understand the question
the key Command menu only gives you the option to create 8 of them
What exactly do you want to do?

Do you want to talk about to Track Quick Control
if that’s what it’s all about
because I don’t use these commands
I directly set up my keyboard with Kontakt and Opus to access the different CC midis
And I also have direct access from my touchscreen

example midi page 1

example midi page 2

Hi Dominique, my apologies for not being clearer. I mean Track Visibility Configurations. (See here.) They work something like PLE commands where you can select what Folders, tracks, etc, you see on screen. I use them all the time, but I wish you could create more than eight shortcuts in the Key Commands menu because I usually have at least twelve Configurations on the go (drums, bass, master buses, etc). I’m sure there’s a way to do this, but as you need shortcuts to them, I don’t think even Stream Deck or Metagrid could help (assuming I had an iPad that is) : )

ok i understand better
I do not use the configuration which is as you specify limited to 8.
Yes an Ipad will allow you to have more possibilities
for my part, I therefore use Karol Obara’s 14bitMIDI Sherlock Plugin with a 24" touch screen
and I use a lot of macros and PLEs

This Plugin allows me to access
has a maximum of 18 pages with 192 so 3456 commands( buttons) that can be assigned to PLEs LEs macros midis CC etc.
And all these commands are already implemented and ready to use

If you are interested
Here is the link to a video I made
to make a presentation of the Sherlock Plugin
14bitMIDI in French but with subtitles

Plugin Sherlock 14bitMIDI + Cubase 12 Pro

Hi Dominique, thanks for the video. : ) There’s no English subtitles on my end, but no matter, I get the idea. : ) Do you have a link so I can try this software out for myself? Many thanks, Darren (Wales, UK)

Hello Darren
I rectified an option this afternoon and I tested the English translation works
Regarding the link for Sherlock
here it is
14bitMIDI Sherlock version 1.5
You can either buy it or test the Demo version
But I repeat that Karol is working on the new version which is almost ready

I can’t see an English translation? Do you have to press a button or something? I imagine the new version will be 1.6, or 2.0, or something. Any idea how far off it is from completion?

As it says in the comment under the video the new Plugin is around the corner :wink:
Regarding the translation of the video