help please

I have been trying to get tech support for a week now and I realy spent a lot on ya ll product so it would be nice if I got some kind of help!!! this probly the 10 time I have try to reach your tech. I have problems with Cubase 7 i bout it brand new and i can’t even use this cause no one will give some support so please my god help me so i can use your software. its saids that online my product is activated and register but i still can’t use it for some reason 1-903-894-7889

Do you have the dongle plugged in?
It’s not surprising you’re not getting support, you don’t even mention what your problem is! It’s like your asking "I have a problem, can you help me?
This is the USER Forum by the way - where users help each other, and not the official support channel, though Steinberg Reps will occasionally give input.

sorry I having problems with the elicenser. It will not respond to the Cubase 7 and onlines its said i’m Register is Active. please help me Troubleshoot the problem.i just can’t figure out whats going wrong!!

and Technical Support is not contacted me yet!! I been trying to get a hold of then for a week

cant you get support from where you bought the product? if not you bought it from the wrong place.

did you try changing USB ports?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/support_contact.html
Or better yet, go to the “My Support” Tab of your “My Steinberg Account” and fill out the form.
It can take a few days 'til you get a response.