HELP! recorded audio plays back at double speed

HELP!
I recorded (from a microphone) in Wavelab 8.5.4 at 176KHz 24bits.
I edited the material (in a Wavelab montage) the same day, immediately after recording, everything was ok.
Now all the files recorded that day play at what sounds like double speed, sounding fast and treble.
Wavelab recognizes the files as being at 167KHz. They open on other montages set at 176KHz but still play too fast.
Wavelab recognizes the original montage with all the edits as being at 176KHz, but the audio plays too fast.
The sound card is at 176KHz. The issue is the same with internal or external clock.
The files recorded, using the exact same procedure, the previous day and the next day are perfectly fine.

I can’t afford to lose these files.

thanks
LT
Windows 10 64 bits
Wavelab 8.5.4 64 bits

I don’t know why this happened, but you can change the sample rate stamp of a file (no resampling).
Click on the sample rate field at the bottom right of the window.

Hi PG, Thanks for your prompt response!

I used the batch processor in Wavelab 9.5 to change the stamp to 44.1KHz, so the audio files are usable now.
That’s good news, the main issue is solved, big relief.
Of coarse, there’s the disappointment of ending up with a 44.1KHz recording (turns out it wasn’t playing at double speed, but at 4x after all). For someone that set up the whole thing at 176.4K, not exactly what I was aiming for…

Now it seams I have to redo all the editing work by hand, using the “speedy” montages as a visual guide. That’s an issue that is related to a recurring wish of mine. I often master at a high sample rate, and need to deliver the final product at lower rates. I do all the editing at the higher sampling rate, then src for the final products. But the required edits aren’t always exactly the same for the CD and the video version, for example. Or sometimes the client changes his mind about an edit and I have to go back to the high resolution montages to edit, and then run the src again . If I could build the montage at say, 192K and then instead of just generating audio files at 48K, generate a montage with all the original edits at 48K, that would be great!

Merci pour tout. grand fan depuis Wavelab 5

Or sometimes the client changes his mind about an edit and I have to go back to the high resolution montages to edit, and then run the src again . If I could build the montage at say, 192K and then instead of just generating audio files at 48K, generate a montage with all the original edits at 48K, that would be great!

It’s somehow possible. Ask this on the 9.5 forum and I think Justin, who works like this, will answer you.