help recovering corrupted project files

Hi,
I ve been working on a live orchestral recording project and just as i was doing the final exports i started having corrupt files (hdd failure). now i did manage to recover the projects and the files BUT the problem is i converted the files while importing them to the project.(the recording was done at 44.1 and i mixed the project at 48). I have all project files but they are not converted so as i open the project you can imagine they are out of place. If i try converting them in the new project all the edits move and again it need to be redone. So the question is…
Whats the easiest way to import/convert the files so i dont have to reedit the whole project(basically back to square one if i have to do this)?

I’d try making a new song at 48k, import your 44k files and convert them to 48k. Then make a copy of your cpr for the mix session, hide the 44k files (move them to a new folder so that cubase can’t see them when opening the cpr), open the cpr and steer cubase to the folder which holds the 48k files when it complains that it can’t find the files.

thanks for the answer…i imagined it would be something like that…