Help setting up interface please

Hi, just got a Focusrite 18i20 and after some effort got it working in Cubase with the default channel settings.

So today I try setting up all the in and outs, but now Cubase crashes as soon as audio starts playing. Here are some pics, could someone please take a look and see if I’ve set it up right? Thanks, sry for the huge pics.

First I would try adjusting the buffer size of your audio interface: click on the focusrite control panel and adjust it around 512 and go from there until you hit the sweet spot.

Next suggestion would be to download the latest driver update for your interface.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. Focusrite sent me a link for their new beta driver 1.9b2, but I still haven’t had a chance to check Cubase with all the in and outs activated yet. Just been working with the default 2 in 2 out which has been working fine. I’ll post back when I check next couple days.

Your input latency looks massive at 40ms you will notice a lag when playing virtual instruments.
Otherwise the set up looks ok.
Make sure it’s Focusrite asio driver you are using.
Go to control panel on focusrite to check its set to internal sync.
See if it works ok with Media player if all else fails.
I had problems with my Focusrite 18i6 and needed the beta driver to fix it.
Also it wont like being plugged into a usb3 connection or a Hub.
Plug into direct usb2 from Pc.
Anything else sharing the same usb in out can slow it down i.e external hard drive.
Allways worth running scan disk from bootup to see if that helps.
Mike001

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t even messed with latency times yet, just doing drum programming (with mouse) at the mo, so it’s not been an issue.

It works fine right now, it’s just when I tried to set multiple in and outs in Cubase that it crashed and I haven’t had the time, or patience, to go back and check it now I’ve updated the drivers etc. Keep putting it off, but will have to face it soon lol.

Why are you using stereo inputs for two mics? Each should be a separate mono input.

I am happy to bring good news. I finally got the nerve up to try this again lol, and Cubase is now working with multi-ins (mono thanks jaredf) and outs.

Thanks for the help and support!