Help solve the problem with macros

The problem is in macros. If I use the plug-in for processing in a macro, then after the program is restarted it disappears - an example:

Edit-Split Range
Process-Revers
Process Plug-in-REVerence
Process-Revers

The macro does the requested action, but after restarting the program, I find that one of the commands has disappeared, and the macro does not work. This happens when using any processing plug-in when you try to apply it in a macro. It simply disappears :frowning:

Edit-Split Range
Process-Revers
Process-Revers

WIN10 64,Intel Core i7-4790K CPU 4.00Ghz, 32GbRAM
LUCROR

I am having exactly the same issue. In my case the macro used to clean an audio track is simply:

Gate plugin process followed by
Normalize process

The macro works fine during a session once set up and assigned to a Key Command, but the Gate plugin disappears from the macro after a program restart. The Normalize process remains in the macro after restart with the key command still assigned. I have tested with other plugin processes assigned and the plugins always disappear after restart, but the processes remain.

Win7 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz 16GbRAM

Iā€™m also having an issue with parts of macros disappearing after program restart, and its driving me crazy.
My macro issue:
I have some macros like this

[Macro 1 name]

• [Other macro x]
  • [Process Project Logical Editor]
  • [Other macro y]

It works as intended until after restart where it becomes:
[Macro 1 name]

Another macro I have:

[Macro 2 name]

• [Other macro x]
  • [Built in command ā€œEdit - Deleteā€]
  • [Built in command ā€œEdit - Select noneā€]

After restart it becomes
[Macro 2 name]

• [Built in command ā€œEdit - Deleteā€]
  • [Built in command ā€œEdit - Select noneā€]

So the issue: a macro containing a reference to another macro, loses that reference after restart. The built in commands stay, and the Process Project Logical Editor command that I made, stays. But not the macro-calling-another macro part.

The macros never disappear from the Commands ā†’ Macro folder; itā€™s just within a given macro the macro->macro call part disappears.

I encountered this issue today and found a work around, Itā€™s not perfect if you like to use your direct processing banks for other things. However you can save a processing chain with plugins in the ā€œbank favoritesā€ tab in the direct offline processing window. Just drag your plugin from the top tab to the box under the words ā€œBank favoritesā€. the number on the left is the corresponding favorite. then in macros replace whatever plugin command you were trying to use with ā€œfavorite (your desired favorite number)ā€ under the ā€œdirect offline processingā€ tab in macros. Cubase will remember the favorite and apply the plugin to the selected audio.

1 Like

Add to bank favorits really works! Good job!
Itā€™s still an issue till today, Nuendo 12.0.60.