Help! (Suddenly every project crashes, Cubase 8 & 7.5)

Help. I just don’t know what’s wrong. I’m a professional studio engineer, I know how my system behaves and how to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong usually. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Every project suddenly started crashing. Even with just a few plugins. It’s not a specific plugin, since even just random ones cause the crash. Both Cubase 7.5 and 8. Buffer size 1024. ASIO-Guard on/off, tried both. (Both were working just fine before, I’vent installed anything new.) Otherwise, everything outside of Cubase works fine. I really need to finish some work right now though. (OS X 10.8.5, 2.6 GHz MacBookPro, 16 GB RAM, SSD’s. Latest versions of Cubase 7.5 and 8.) I attached the DAW crash system report.

Any ideas? I saved the crash report, in case anyone understands those. Here it is - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2479730/Crash%20Report.txt

undoubtetly its a plugin causing it.

perhaps you have a 32 64 bit mismstch?

How come undoubtedly? What’s a 32-64-Bit mismatch exactly?

It seems to be just any plugin really though. I was keeping the last few projects really light and it crashes on just about any plugin I use. (10-20 plugins, low-CPU use).

I had this same issue and it was Slate Digitals Virtual Mix Rack. Do you notice when the project is loading what track it crashes on? I was able to resolve it cause i noticed which track it was trying to load when it crashed and then sent the file to my buddy with Cubase. He opened it on his end. I asked him to check what plugins were on that track. Sure enough Slate VMR was the one.

Hm, I’m not using VMR in these two projects, although I have it. That’s the thing. Just about any plugin seems to trigger this behavior. It also leaves some project files unusable, a lot of of the new projects don’t even open anymore with very few plugins on it. Various projects, different plugins. I’m baffled.

Try opening Cubase in safe mode.

Or try disabling every plugin in the plugin manager and enable them one by one, until you find the faulty plugin. If it is a plugin.