Help total noob question?

I have Cubase 5 on my PC, and a focusrite Saffire 6 soundcard. I’ve installed the driver disc for the soundcard and all appears to be working fine…i’m getting sounds when I play my Itunes, youtube vids, plug my guitar into the soundcard etc…so I have sound working. In Cubase 5 I’ve gone to devices > setup and from what i’ve learned I’m supposed to select my device from the list of available options…and here is were I find a problem! My soundcard isnt listed in there at all, what is and currently selected is Direct X Full Duplex. If I play my guitar into my soundcard in Cubase I’m getting a level…so its obviously getting a signal…but from the wrong driver? I cant select direct monitoring etc because somehow Cubase isnt seeing my soundcard. Well er actually it is cos in the in/outs its there! I’m confused why Cubase doesnt seem to see my card in the devices. Why not? I’ve uninstalled the driver for my soundcard and reinstalled it n everytime i look in Cubase its not listed?

Anyone any idea what I’m doing wrong or how to rectify this problem? I already know I’ve got a HUGE learning curve ahead of me learning Cubase (coming in as a total noob here to recording). So getting stuck on the start blocks isnt a happy place to be. :cry:

Did you install the ASIO drivers for the Saffire?

You may want to go to their website to see if you have the latest drivers.

http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces/saffire_6_usb/downloads/

Thanks tried that…didnt work…so deleted drivers n tried again and bingo! :sunglasses: So…now for the huge learning curve ahead… :open_mouth: