Help transfering my license

Hello

I’m trying to transfer my Cubase elements 9.5 license from the soft eLicenser control center to an iLok USB stick.

I simply cannot figure out how to do this. Opening a support ticket bugged out repeatedly, and I could not find any help from Googling it or consulting Steinbergs FAQs which apparantly only dealt with their own USB licenser. My local music shop insisted the iLok was the only thing I had to acquire to do this.

Any help much appreciated. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this stuff but I’m getting quite nervous and impatient because I need to transfer the license back and forth with no internet very soon.

Sorry, but Cubase doesn’t support the iLok. It’s a completely different system incompatible with the eLicenser system used by Steinberg and several other developers. That’s why it’s not mentioned at all by Steinberg’s site.

Thank you very much for answering. I’ll return it and inform the shop of this. I’ll order the Steinberg USB licenser right now and hope it will arrive in time :slight_smile:

If I could make one suggestion it would be to update Steinbergs relevant support pages with the information you just provided.