Help! Trouble with Soft-eLicenser

Hello

I’m having some trouble getting my Soft-eLicenser license working. I have been looking around, trying to find someone with the same issue as the one I’m having at the moment, but I can’t seem to find any. I have also sent an email to the steinberg support, but I have yet to get an answer from them. As you might imagine, this is starting to get on my nerves.

This is my situation: I got a new computer for my birthday. I own Cubase AI 5(along with a CI2). I had it on my old computer, and now, as I have a new one, I would like to switch it over. By using the CDs that came along with Cubase, I install every program needed to actually use the software. Next, I went to Steinbergs webpage to reactivate my product and to get a new activation code. Then, I downloaded the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center(6.4.5.4111), I entered the activation code and this was what I got:

“Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appopriate USB-eLicenser to you computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so called “Soft-eLicenser”, please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-Elicenser on your computer system.”

Is there something obvious that I’m missing? I don’t really understand what the problem is and how to fix it. I didn’t have this issue when i installed it on my other computer(alltough I did have issues getting the license in order, it wasn’t the same problem as now). My new computer is an ASUS N56v pc, with Windows 7 on it… Oh, and I don’t have a USB-eLicenser. It didn’t come with my product.

I hope someone out there can help me with this problem, and that there is an easy fix to it :slight_smile:

You don´t need a USB licenser for AI. Install AI 5 / the eLicenser software, open the eLicenser control center, read out the soft-eLicenser code that should be created automatically. Go to mySteinberg and follow the re-activation wizard.

But there isn’t any Soft-eLicenser code in the eLicenser Control Center. I put in the activation code and all i get is that message i just posted. And I have re-activated my product via the mySteinberg reactivation wizard… still nothing

Maybe this will help … ?

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/program-installation-does-not-create-a-soft-elicenser.html

Thanks alot friend, that actually did it! It displayed a Soft-eLicenser code, and it would finally allow me to activate it. Now Cubase is up and running :smiley:

Good deal! :sunglasses:

Hello,

I have been trying to activate the 30 days trial for Cubase Elements 9.5 and since then I’m having the same problem… but unlike you, I think that I have tried everything listed here and also the recommendations listed on the website, I have used the elc-helper, and I uninstalled the software and the e-licenser and downloaded the newest version of the elc for Windows 10 and reinstalled it as administrator then reinstalled the Cubase Elements and still I get the same message when trying to activate:

“Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appopriate USB-eLicenser to you computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so called “Soft-eLicenser”, please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-Elicenser on your computer system.”

Please help! I don’t know what else to do in order to make it work

Hi,

It feels like I am going through the exact same problem while trying to install Cubase Pro 9.5 Trial. The download completes successfully. Upon entering the eLicenser recognises the activation code and relates it to Cubase Pro 9.5 Trial. When I then press continue eLicenser comes back with an error saying “Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer.” I literally spent hours trying everything I could find in the related support pages. Yet I ended up submitting a ticket to the Steinberg helpdesk and I am waiting for response.

While I am writing this, I double checked the original message that provided the activation code. For the first time I observe a small asterisk in the sentence “Activate your Cubase trial version***** with the following activation code from within the eLicenser Control Center…” that refers to a footer saying “*****For the Cubase trial version you require a USB-eLicenser.”. Maybe I have been misled thinking that the trial version also works with a Soft-eLicenser. I’ll await the helpdesk’s answer to be sure.

May be this helps…