HELP — Trying to create new VST Instrument Track just started launching Media Bay browser instead!!!

Please help me . . . I’m ready to jump out of the window…

I’m running Cubase Pro v9.5.30 on a Win10 Pro (x64) machine.

I’ve been using Cubase for hours, tonight, with no issue.

I first noticed something odd when I hit “F11” to open the “VST Instruments” pop-up window, and noticed that it was smaller and located in a different part of the screen, compared to every other time that I’ve opened it in many many many many months.

[“Oh, this can’t be good…”]

Then, I clicked on the word “Track” with the little up arrow next to it, and this is what I saw . . . it was still the “Add Instrument Track” dialog box, but it was filled with a weird version of the Media Bay browser . . . IT EVEN STILL SAYS “ADD INSTRUMENT TRACK” AT THE TOP:

Huh?

I closed it, and then tried clicking the “Add Track Instrument…” button (the one with the plus sign and the few piano keys) . . . and the same exact “Add Instrument Track” dialog box with the Media Bay browser inside it popped up.

WTF?

I closed it again, and then hit the Key Command that I had programmed for adding a new ‘Instrument’ track . . . and there was that ^%$#@!^ Media Bay browser again.

OMG!!!

I’ve looked and looked and looked, and I can see no way to change things back, no settings to adjust, no nothing.

The actual key command for the Media Bay (which I never use) is still “F5,” and it still launches a different-looking Media Bay dialog box.

Does anyone have any idea what just happened?

What Is there a simple setting somewhere that may have accidentally clicked, and can just as easily click back into normalcy?

Is there a specific XML file, somewhere, that controls what gets launched when any of the various “create new Instrument track” keys or buttons are pressed?

What . . . short of re-installation, will re-enable me to create VST Instrument tracks again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:astonished: :open_mouth: :angry: :cry: :imp:

Adding insult to injury . . .

It turns out that whatever happened to Instrument Tracks didn’t happen to Rack Instruments (which I never use).

So, if I wanted to load Rack Instruments (which I don’t), clicking on the word “Rack” with the little down arrow next to it still loads up the familiar list of VST instruments:

:frowning: