Help understanding DOP

Hello All!

Can anyone help me understand how two features of DOP are supposed to work?

1. What does “Extend Process Range” actually do? If I apply it to a clip that is a smaller portion of a large clip, I can always just go adjust the clip boundaries, even if “Extend Process Range” is 0. If I apply it to a range, then I’m stuck with my next question, which is…

2. How will I ever find a range again once I’ve applied DOP to it? The clip is marked to show that it has processing, but unless I save the range manually with a range marker, I can’t see that I can ever identify the range exactly again. I can’t seem to make the DOP dialog highlight the the range in any way, even though it’s the only thing that knows where the processing is taking place. Seems like I should be able to double-click the entry in the DOP dialog and have it select the range that it’s being applied to!

Thanks for any DOP help you can provide. I’m just scratching my head!

• Jason

PS - Haven’t updated sig, but this is Nuendo 8.0.15 on Win 10

Am I not alone? Does no one understand it?! :confused:

I’m not trying to be funny when I say that I’m pretty sure nobody knows what to say about it. It’s kind of self-explanatorily (I made that word up) screwed up as far as I can tell. It is inconsistent enough in its functionality that it’s very hard to decide how some of the functions are actually supposed to work. As I see you have discovered.

Sorry I don’t know what to tell you because my thoughts would involve logic. And that just doesn’t seem to apply here. But maybe it will after the update in November! I’m an optimist!

Maybe, therein lies your problem. Maybe, your thoughts should involve ProTools.

:arrow_right: runs away

Hi, not really sure what DOP stands for (in the world of Nuendo that is…) but extend process range is pretty straight forward isn’t it? If you process a portion of a clip yes you can still extend it afterwards but it will be unprocessed, try it with a reverb and it will become pretty clear.

I’m working with clips and not range within a clip so don’t actually understand your second question. :wink:

Cheers

Nobody can understand it, because it’s not working. It produces completely erratic results. Let’s see what the overdue 8.1 update brings.