Help with an annoying menu

Hi! Please help me make it so this menu stops appearing every time I mouse on top of the screen. When it appears same time as I have any VST open, it sometimes makes it so that I can’t click on anything in Cubase and have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to open task manager to get out of Cubase because then it unfreezes. So I don’t like this menu to appear. Ofthen when I move a VST and happen to move it on top of the screen, the menu appears (note that it appears while I’m dragging any windows around on top of the screen) and freezes Cubase. Please see the picture. In this picture I’m moving a VST, I’m grabbing the VST window at the top green ribbon and moving it around on the top of the screen, and then the menu appears, even though I’m mousing inside the VST program. It shouldn’t appear in this situation. It makes Cubase freeze.

That is odd looking. It is a subset of the items on the Project Window’s Setup Window Layout. If you open this using the circled button in the pic, do you see the same items available.

Also, what version of Cubase are you using? OS & version?

If you are on a PC, the Windows Snip & Sketch app is generally easier than taking a photo. Sure Mac has similar.

I vaguely remember having this menu appear on top of the screen, too, but it was some years ago, maybe with C9 or C10. Not able to reproduce it with 12

I don’t have that circled button unfortunately. . But Cubase version is 8.5, and I’m using Windows 10.

In 8.5 it looks like this