Help with automation? Isn't recording, write enabled

Hey everyone,

I’m having some issues with writing automation. I have enabled automation globally (see in screenshot), yet when I press play, move the synth knob, no automation is being recorded by cubase.

I tried to investigate this myself firstly, I went to Midi > CC Automation Set up, and then changed the Record Destination on conflict (global) to automation track. However, this didn’t have any impact.

All I wanted to do was change the cutoff filter, so it starts low and builds up. I thought it could be achieved quite simply by enabling write automation, pressing play, and moving the knob for the VST instrument in its instrument window.

If you could give me any guidance about how to sort it out, I would be very appreciative.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Automation for vsti is not enabled by default, you will have to enable it in preferences first.

Hey peakae,

Thanks for your reply and help. Could you tell me a specifically where in preferences I can find this setting change? Then I will be sure to try it out.

Many thanks again for your help.

& just a note to be clear, I am just trying to write automation with my mouse turning that control knob in the screenshot, I am not trying to set up an external midi controller to do it