I would like to ask for suggestions regarding the layout of a quite simple piece of music. It seems I have played around with Dorico’s defaults and have somehow lost a balanced display. On general I probably tend to squeeze too much music onto a page, resulting in a kind of square look of the score.
Here is an example:
01_Telemann_Example_Full score_2021-03-23.pdf (49.0 KB)
- In specific I don’t like the spacing of the bass notes in the first bar.
- I think, the singers system is too close to the bass system.
- I know, that bars are usually distributed as a whole, before a system brake. Still the third system looks spaced too wide somehow.
- I am using the big note heads, may be this squeezes the music too much.
- I don’t really want to make everything smaller, as the text might not be readable then - Page size is DIN A4.
Also I do not want to hand-correct the layout too much, so I can have the benefit of Dorico making a nice and balanced layout view.
- just a small issue with the Figured Bass: how do I in bar two get the last number (3) onto the same height as the (4) on the last beat?
I tried to input Cmd/Ctrl-G “,3” to get the 3 onto the second line, but this does not work…
Any suggestions or help is very welcome.
This is the cut down project:
Telemann_Example.dorico (1.9 MB)