Help with routing / Control Room

No, it simply means pressing "L"isten.

Without Control Room, all outs can be routed to physical Outputs 1/2. No workarounds or extra clicking needed!!!

Cubase 7 introduced waaay more clicks to get basic things done. I don’t want to add more! Besides, there’s a perceivable delay hitting bypass and glitches in the audio as plug-ins go into bypass.

So, I decided settle with routing Stereo Out 2 to physical outs 3/4 on my sound card. I will use my Sound Card’s mixer to monitor both outputs via my main outs.

This means bypassing Control Room with my stereo out 2, which is a shame. But it’s just not possible to have both, it seems!

Thanks for trying, though, I appreciate it.

My listen bus is configured to dim other tracks. Therefore, if I only press L, I can still hear all the other tracks in the background, which is why I must first solo, then listen.

Just adjust the “listen” level in the control room - ie., lower - and you won’t need to solo.

Have you routed the same signal to both Stereo Out and Stereo Out 2? How?

From what I read in here most are telling how to route one Stereo Out to two physical outputs.
But do I understand you right when I think you will route the two Stereo Outs to one physical output pair?

From there you will flip between the two for monitoring through the Control Room. Is that right?

From the disscussion above I only got confused of what were asked, and what were answered to.

But then I don’t have a true listen button!

Hi IBM!

My original post explains what I’m trying to do. But I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just not possible!