Help with very old cubasis files

Hi everyone

I have a folder full of old cubasis files from 1997. Is there any way I can get access to them on a (newish) mac. They were made using a PC (windows 95).

Can I download an older version of cubase or cubasis on to my mac from somewhere?

Any advice would be great.

H.

Let that be a lesson to anyone… to KEEP your OLD Cubase versions if you’re keeping your old projects. Personally I would never get rid of older versions if I had projects existing in them.

When and if you get an answer (I don’t know myself) you can always scour ebay and wait a while for an old copy to pop up for sale, and sometimes people sell their old Cubase disks with a piece of old equipment.

et that be a lesson to anyone… to KEEP your OLD Cubase versions if you’re keeping your old projects. Personally I would never get rid of older versions if I had projects existing in them.

Well that was useful, thanks very much!

Constructive and less smug suggestions please.

This would likely be VST 3.5 (Windows) which I believe can be opened by VST3,4 or 5 for Mac which you might find on the Steinberg FTP Server ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Archives/Cubase_VST/Mac/
Whether this can be installed on a newer mac with newer OS I have no idea. Perhaps someone more Knowledgeable in this regard will pop in with some advice, otherwise you’ll just have to experiment (or perhaps borrow an older PC on which VST 3.5 or 5 will run). Another issue to be considered is whether the eLcc Dongle will indeed allow these older versions to be run unless you have access to an older Dongle which back then was I believe attached to the printer port.

which platform do u need it for?
there was a demo of cubase score 3.0 made available from steinberg around 1996 on the internet
it is still downloadable from the web.archive.org if u visit the archive of steinberg-us.com or steinberg.net
and go back to 1996 in the internet wayback machine.