Heres how I hope this will be better than Sibelius

Intelligent integration with Cubase and an algorithm that translates intended non Quantised notes to proper note values. Currently I have to export midi. Create a new project and hard quantise everything and then go to Sibelius.

I hope the software will give the option to have the Marker track labels (verse chorus middle 8 etc marked into the score in text)

I hope there might be an option to have the software intelligently to insert dynamic marks based either on Velocity (piano) or a CC controller ( think of how currently string and brass libraries are controlled dynamically… the mod wheel).

Sibelius appeals to people who are pure score writers.

Theres a whole other section of music producers who write lines in a DAW like Cubase and have the need to have them scored for real performances. This is the market I hope this will be aimed at as its where the gap is. The more work Dorico does well will attract these people away from Sibelius.

My humble opinion

I had hopes (though not very strong ones) that Dorico might have been fully hooked into Cubase, with notation tracks alongside audio and MIDI tracks. Now that WOULD have been a game-changer.

Working ReWire would probably handle that integration nicely, especially since it looks like the MIDI expression capabilities in Dorico seem to be very powerful already. Imagine the scenario: Cubase hosting the video file, master timecode and tempo/time signature/marker information etc + any audio tracks needed — and Dorico working as the main midi sequencer for tracks eventually going to be performed for live musicians but which need at least a passable mockup right away as well (of course, many programmed midi tracks could very well live in Cubase from start to finish — the ones that don’t need sheet music at all).

Let’s hope ReWire makes it in the program at some point down the road: ReWire? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Indeed … that would be totally cool … and Dorico would have an edge over everything else out there.

But who knows what the future holds in store. In his blogs Daniel has made it quite clear for some time that the primary focus of the program was to be a state of the art engraving and composition tool, one step at a time.

Working ReWire would probably handle that integration nicely, especially since it looks like the MIDI expression capabilities in Dorico seem to be very powerful already. Imagine the scenario: Cubase hosting the video file, master timecode and tempo/time signature/marker information etc + any audio tracks needed — and Dorico working as the main midi sequencer for tracks eventually going to be performed for live musicians but which need at least a passable mockup right away as well (of course, many programmed midi tracks could very well live in Cubase from start to finish — the ones that don’t need sheet music at all).

Let’s hope ReWire makes it in the program at some point down the road: > ReWire? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Also Rewire has its lacks it would be of benefit. Even better would be a new future sync protocol that, unlike rewire, transmits true locator info as well. This could be the next standard in every way.