Hidden Cubase 8 features!

Recording a MIDI track with ANY channel enabled let’s you record all available MIDI channels from an external Synth/Sequencer or similar situation. Then you can dissolve that track into several MIDI tracks to have them played from Cubase. And the ANY track get’s muted automatically. Good one!

Does it take some time to “re-enable” or just a few moments? This is like freezing/unfreezing audio yes?

This functionality is especially useful for those of us that set up large orchestral MIDI templates. Opening a new sequence based off a template with dozens of Kontakts and sample patches can take 30 seconds - or several minutes even - if it’s a big template. It will take much less time if you’re not forced to load all the plug-ins and samples off the bat. Only a few seconds to get the session open. Then you just “re-enable” the instruments you need as you go.

The only time it takes to re-enable an instrument track is the time it takes to load the plug-ins and/or samples (ie: Kontakt) within. So not long. A few seconds tops.

Being able to open multiple editors of the same kind

Explain? ie: I can only open one Key Editor at the same time, unless I’m missing something…

we always could ! its in the preferences → editing-> untick “link editors”

I suppose it’s true that it allowed it before. I always struggled getting it to work with workspaces, AOT, maximize, minimize etc …
It actually “works” now.

hoo well… the windows handling now is much better in Windows OS…

Hi Mozizo. I can’t see record output feature on midi inserts.
Mac osx 10.9.5

Interesting comment - not sure why though… on my systems, Freeze and unload worked well…and no Pro Tools in sight :sunglasses:

The use for template creation - that’s a different bugger… :smiley:

Haven’t been able to find any documentation about this in the Manual, but the meters in the Mixer Bridge now apparently show the compression gain reduction levels if a compressor is used in the rack.

isn’t that just based on the meter pre/post setting?

any comprssor on inserts ?
the gain reduction on meters in mixer bridge introdced with cubase 7 on channel strip compressors only

Not really sure, I guess it will need a bit more research, unfortunate that it isn’t documented.

In channel editor you can now access the “pan” of sends by clicking on the word “Sends”
Instead of dragging the mouse pointer down three centimeters and clicking on pan tab…
How huge is that? :wink:

Also same behavior by clicking on inserts. Shifts between plugins and routing…

Thanks brother :smiley:

Same behaviour for the MixConsole’s Control Room master meter tabs on the top. Clicking either top tab repeatedly toggles the bottom tabs.

In the EQ area of the channel strip, there are separate knobs for Gain, Freq and Q (4 Bands!)… = Channel EQ.
now we have a mixing console just like in the old analog days.
:wink:
Nice enhancement.
:slight_smile:

Hi mozizo,
can you please expain how it works?
:slight_smile: