Hidden rests keep showing up in Engrave and Print mode

I’ve created an “aleatoric box” in on my scores followed by a thick horizontal line indicating the continuation of the aleatoric gesture. To hide the rests in these measures, in Write Mode I did the following: Filter > Rests > Common > Custom Scale: 1. Previously this made the rests disappear. However, while they’re still gone in Write Mode, they now pop up again in Engrave and Print Mode which is quite annoying.
Write Mode:

Engrave Mode:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve added the project as an attachment.
victor_the-birds_score_aleatoric.dorico (1.1 MB)

Select the troublesome rests and set the Rest pos. property to 1.

Works perfectly, thank you so much!

However, the rests keep popping back up despite their position being set to 0.

If I change it to 1 and then back to 0 it looks ago for a while, until I make some minor changes somewhere else, in some other staff, and the rests just pop back up…

I checked the file. It looks like you have to do this move/scale command for 3 rest (one per divisi-voice).

victor_the-birds_score_aleatoric-edited.dorico (1.5 MB)

If you use the “box”-tool to grab the rest, you can struggle your way through it.

Thanks for chiming in @Nukkul. However, I don’t think that’s the problem - yes, I have to do the move/scale command for every Divisi voice, but even if I do that, Dorico keeps resetting the rests to their original positions for some reason…

WOW. just opened the file, I attached… and yes they’re back!

Maybe you can use hidden notes? It looks like, they don’t resurrect.
victor_the-birds_score_aleatoric-edited2.dorico (1.5 MB)

Just make sure they are all hidden in the part layout.

Good idea, thanks. Kind of annoying to have to use these kinds of workarounds though.

Have you tried activating the “End Voice” option on the last note in the box, and the “Start Voice” option on the next whole note (you’ll find both settings in the properties panel when you select the respective notes)? That should completely hide the rests in between.

Does typing “rest” into the bar popover (shift+B), work the way you need it to?

@floresdeberg - yes, that seems to do the trick as well, thanks!

@DanielMuzMurray - that doesn’t seem to do anything for me, unfortunately.

The issue ultimately is that you can’t edit rests in condensed music. This is something that needs to be addressed by us adding this capability, which we certainly plan to do in future.