"Hide All Automation" is closing folders

This is an old problem, but as the thread was closed and the problem not solved, I’ll re-do the post.

I was experimenting it in Cubase 10 after watching Greg’s video about using MIDI CCs as automation when I encountered this problem. Of course, you don’t want to have your automation lanes all the time.

I quote the original post:

Hi,
Using cubase 8.0.5 on Mac 10.8.5. Noticed that the “Hide All Automation” key command or clicking “hide all” from the automation panel closes all folders that contain VST instrument returns. It’s easy to reproduce

1. new empty project

2. add a vst instrument

3. select “Hide All” from the automation panel

It will close the VST instruments folder for some reason. Also if you move the vst tracks into a different folder of your own it will close that as well.

I assume this is a bug because automation lanes are not tracks, they are opened from the drop down arrow on any track, including VST instrument channels. Folders are something complete separate from automation lanes and their are separate functions to close folders.

thanks!
Matt

My problem is the same, but I’m using Cubase 10.0.20 and Windows 10.

Hi,

It’s an known issue.

This is so damn annoying…how can something this basic go on for years and be a known issue!? unreal