hide cautionary clefs, keys and time signature

Just to be 100% clear: you can hide time signatures both at the point at which they change mid-system, and cautionary time signatures at the end of the system.

1 Like

Hi! Nothing new about hiding cautionary clefs, right? Also, it would be useful to hide them individually, not all at once as is done in the Time Signatures Notation Options 5.1.

@bercusi

1 Like

This is super helpful, thank you!
Are there any new options in Dorico 5.1.40 for hiding cautionary clefs?"

Can you say more about the specific situation in which you need to hide clefs?

Hide clefs (I’m not talking about cautionary clef) are practical for sight reading lessons. The student mentally puts in what he wants and there is no need to re-write the exercise. I remove them in affinity once exported to pdf, when I need this option.

You can already create an invisible clef via the Shift+C popover.

3 Likes

great thanks for the info

I’m curious how this works… because if you pretend the exercises are in different clefs, the modes change. How do you judge what is correct?

Or you could create these as separate flows, and set the final barline for those flows to be the double barline.

1 Like

a little outside the initial topic but to answer @Romanos

The example above is taken from a raeading manual
https://marclay-music.ch/shop/solfege-rythme/10001821-manuel-pratique-de-lecture-horizontale-et-verticale-9790045043186.html
Here is another example of a sight reading book by training the eye to do visual chunking and widen the field of vision: very good book:

here a page:

I made a javascript random questions with this kind of exercices to improve sight reading with flashcards:
to develop visual reflexes, interior ear training, mental visualisation on an instrument.But the student is sufficiently advanced to self-correct and can practice with any key. the goal is the speed so chunking informations