Hide Divisi Labels

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to remove the small numbers (circled in red) indicating the divisi from my score. I already have numbers indicating the divisi at the beginning, making the smaller numbers following the time signature redundant.

Let me know if there’s something I’m missing, or if these smaller numbers are common practice and I should leave them in. Thank you!

Ethan

They’re known as divisi change labels, see here.

Thank you!

Hi,

Is there a way to do this selectively? I would like to keep the “Solo” and “Gli altri” labels, and get rid of the "1"and “2”, but the Layout Options apply to all of them together.

In Engrave, the divisi properties only show “Offset” and “Custom Text”, but no actual “Hide” button…

Thanks!

Have you tried editing the divisi names in the create divisi window? Instead of 1 and 2, put one space and two spaces?

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I tried deleting those staff labels in the Change Divisi window, but then the Divisions numbers also disappear, of course. I may remember what they are (three rows with one solo-player icon and two two-player icons is Solo , 1. , and 2. Two rows with only two two-player icons, is 1. and 2.)… but perhaps not the most elegant solution.

Then I realized that at the bottom I could select “Hide” at Show section numbers (perhaps that would affect only numbers, not text like Solo or Gli altri…) but I tried and the numbers did not hide…

You can specify in each divisi change itself whether or not the labels appear, using the options at the bottom of the Change Divisi dialog.

1 Like

Thank you. As I had said, I did that already:

Then I realized that at the bottom I could select “Hide” at Show section numbers (perhaps that would affect only numbers, not text like Solo or Gli altri…) but I tried and the numbers did not hide

But for same reason the numbers do not disappear.

I would expect them to. Do you want to attach the project here so I can take a closer look?