Hide empty staves with chord symbols

I had the exact same problem and found a solution (and the root to the problem), that might also be the issue in your case:
I have a Guitar-Player with A-Gtr, Banjo, EGtr. In Full score Engrave mode the (empty) Banjo was shown, I hid the Chords → the stave was still there.
I had then to also hide all the Chord Symbols from the players other intruments (AGtr, EGtr) → the stave was hidden.
Hope this helps!

Thought I’d chime in here because I was searching for an answer… I too am having this EXACT same problem on several of my charts. I’m doing lead sheets with a guitar & vocal, sometimes the vocal exits for an instrumental section and I want the staff to be hidden, but any time there is a chord symbol applied there is nothing I can do (aside from deleting the chord symbol from the entire system) to hide the staff. I have tried switching to chord symbol regions, manually hiding chord symbols, and just about every workaround I can think of, but nothing stops that top staff from showing up except deleting the chord symbol completely and adding it in as staff-text on the guitar line, which is super-annoying when I want to show fretboards

I am starting from scratch in DP3, not importing XML

Happy to send some session files if it helps you guys figure this out

UPDATE: Wow I can’t believe I’ve been battling this for months and just figured this out… If I de-select “Allow individual staves of multi-staff instruments,” the staff hides with the chord symbols. When that particular setting is engaged, the staves will not hide as I said above.

It seems this individual staff option is specifically involved in this glitch.

Try un-checking that box and see if your staves start hiding correctly, guys