Hide Faders in MixConsole

This has been requested multiple times for nearly 10 years now. There is a feature request for Nuendo, but not a recent one for Cubase, so I made one.

Mix console : how to get Nuage layout (no faders) ? - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Ability to NOT show the faders/meterbridges in MixConsoles - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

FR : hiding faders in the mixer - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Hide faders in Mix Console - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Cubase Pro 9 Hide Faders in Mix Window - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Hide Faders in Mixer - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Is there a way to hide fader in mix console? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

MIX window possible not to display fader rack? - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

1 Like

This really needs doing.

I have six monitors, and it is ridiculous and inefficient to have to take up screen real estate on every screen with faders and meters.

I want some screens to have more space for inserts/sends/routing etc without wasting space on every screen with faders or meters.

I only need faders on some of my screens for mixing. NOT ON ALL OF THEM!

Surely this canā€™t even be that hard to do for Steinberg???

Why can we hide everything else, but not meter bridges and faders???

2 Likes

Most probably, because they are convinced it needs to be like this. Would not be the first time.
Thereā€™s no way they forgot to add the faders to the checkboxes in the mixconsole.

I donā€™t really get this modular GUI approach, if it is only half modular.

Absolutely

The faders are no rack. Itā€™s that simple.

Yeah, they obviously arenā€™t, cause otherwise they would be in that list I guess. Thanks captain obvious.

I believe this is caused by an UI limitation. Most Cubase windows allow you to hide everything but one ā€œcentralā€ element. For the mixer, thatā€™s the faders.

But the feature request makes sense. Maybe somedayā€¦

2 Likes

Cubase 13 pro is out and hiding faders from console is not there yet and i wonder why???

Im not go8ng to upgrade thanks

1 Like

+1

Yes, we need this.

Why? Because some of us like the view of the ā€˜Insertsā€™ section, for example, that is available only in the lower zone MixConsole (as part of the project window).

Trying to replicate that view is not possible in other main MixConsole windows if you cannot hide the faders.

I agree with everything above. Being able to hide the faders just makes sense. With 4 independent mix consoles, I donā€™t need faders on all of them.

This is actually a really good point, and its caused me to wonder -

Have we been asking steinberg for the wrong thing ( to hide the faders)?
Perhaps what we should be requesting is a new window, a ā€˜Rack consoleā€™ for lack of a better word. Give us a window thatā€™s blank to begin with and let us drag and drop whatever
features from the GUI we want?.