Hide lyric extender lines?

I feel like this is a pretty basic question, but I can’t figure out a solution.

How do I hide extender lines, either locally or globally? I’ve tried setting the line thickness to 0, but that didn’t work.

In the example below, I want to omit the extender on the final syllable. I can’t find any way to exit the popover that doesn’t add an extender.

EDIT: I managed to omit the extender by selecting the syllable and choosing “Syllable type: Start” from the Properties panel. Still wondering if there’s a way to turn these off globally.
extender.png

There is no way to get rid of the extender globally, I think. But the method you describe in the Edit seems to me to be the accurate one. Another method would be to add the text before you add any tied notes — since only those will display an extender line when you enter lyrics without using the spacebar, only the right arrow. You might as well keep your workflow, since forgetting a tie can cause more problems than having an extra extender line!

Dan, if you don’t need them at all, just set this value really high so they never have an opportunity to draw.

Thanks Romanos, good workaround!