Hide measures

Hi,
The current functionality to hide staves seems to only provide the option of hiding a stave which contains empty measures for the full width of the page. Is it possible to hide single empty measures within a stave which have measures with content directly before and after them?
So basically, I would end up with a score with contains white patches where full measure rests are as well as whole sections where empty staves are hidden.
I can provide an example if this is unclear.
Thanks,
Peter

Cut away Scores are not currently nativly supported, but as far as I know planned for the future, whenever that may be.

1 Like

You can use ossias or additional staff for solo players though, if the hidden measures are part of an existing player.

1 Like

So, something like this is not currently possible?

Dorico does still not natively support cutaway scores, but the Development Team is aware that there is user interest in providing that capability.

1 Like

You can sometimes fake it with a switch to a custom 0-line staff, and an independent open meter. As each player will be “holding” a 0-line instrument, then Condensing won’t work either. Lots of other caveats too, but it is possible to do something like this anyway.

Obviously you can export a PDF and add opaque rectangles in Illustrator or something too to hide the music.

Interesting! I hope it’s something that can be accomplished natively in future updates, but it won’t bother me for the time being! Thank you!