Hide String Bowings in Score?

I also think some things are to do with speed. Having the software teach me some version of correct is all well and good if there is plenty of time.
One example that is part of almost every gig I get:
I’m asked to do something (maybe dynamics or articulation etc.), I’m asked to take it out, I’m asked to put it back again.
Of course, I can save different versions (which is generally a terrible idea…), but experience tells me when to just hide stuff.

Fingering can already be hidden in different layouts, by way of a Layout Option. Chord symbols can already be hidden by way of a ‘Hide’ property. Dynamics can also be hidden already by manipulation of the properties (e.g. to hide “f”, activate the ‘Hide intensity marking’ property).

In education sheets I often need to hide somthing what the students have to fill in later.

I need:

1.) empty bars
2.) invisible noteheads
3.) empty systems which should have the exact spacing like the solution
4.) empty bars with dynamics
5.) bars with improvisation (only chords but no notes)
etc etc

I already posted this completely unsusable example earlier (rests on the right page, different spacing etc.):

I believe all of that can be done right now, by the way…

Considering Peadey’s requirements, it would perhaps be good to have a list in Layout Options, similar to that in Finale’s Staff Options, with various score elements that can be shown or hidden for each layout. Currently, only bar rests, cues and fingering can be shown or hidden in this way.

The only caveat I see with this is the way the Players pane of Layout Options is currently organised, with a dedicated section for each of the three items, containing only the show/hide option. Presumably, this is done to give a sensible structure to any additional options that might come later, but adding a lot more score items in the same way would most certainly take up a lot of unnecessary space in the dialogue. In this case, it would make more sense to have a dedicated ‘show items’ section, containing all the different score items and a radio button to show/hide each one.

Daniel - I can see that it is possible to selectively hide fingering, dynamics, and chords. However, I think the point being made here by most responders is that - ideally - it would be better to have one consistent method to display / show selected items rather than have different mechanisms for each type of item.

Peadey, in your example, can’t you just duplicate the original music in a 2nd flow, select the notes and under properties Custom Scale 0%? This hides the notes and retains the spacing. For empty bars, use Layout Options, Bar Rest and Multi-bar Rests, and untick “Show bar rests in empty bars”.

Setting the Custom Scale to zero really isn’t recommended. It isn’t a true zero, and the difference isn’t negligible: between a high-definition export and the downsampling needed to actually reproduce it in print, the object will most likely show up somehow, even if as an indistinct smudge.