Hiding 32bit plug-ins in 64bit Cubase

Hi all. Sorry if this is a FAQ but I’ve done various searches on the forums to no avail…

I have 32bit Cubase 4 installed on my Windows 7 64bit OS with a large number of 32bit plug-ins all installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins and I have just installed Cubase 5 64bit with a few 64bit plug-ins which are installed in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins but when I run Cubase 5 I see not only the 64bit plug-ins but all of the 32bit ones as well. Where I have both 32 and 64bit versions of the same plug-in, it seems that only one version shows up in Cubase 5 (presumably the 64bit one).

Is there any way, from within Cubase 5 to filter the plug-ins so that I see only 64bit ones?

Thanks,

Simon.

Each version of Cubase should look in it’s respective VST plugins folder and anywhere else you tell it to look in the plugin information window. Just make sure only the desired files are in the location where Cubase is looking.
HTH
J.L.

Hi Jaslan,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I can’t find the ‘plugin information window’. I know I should RTFM but right now I don’t have a PDF reader installed on my DAW :slight_smile: Any chance you could point me in the right direction?

Thanks again,

Simon.

Of course. I am happy to point you in the right direction.

Sincerely,
J.L.