Hiding glissandi on printing

I’ve been using a textless glissando for position changes in the fingering on guitar.
It takes a while to position these and also reset the note spacing since the gliss tends to widen the gap between notes.

I have hidden various text items in the full score by making their opacity 0% but with lines one has to hide them by making their Custom scale 0 instead of 100.
All looks fine on screen but the gliss lines show up again in pdfs and print.

Will I have to wait till Dorico has some dedicated guitar signs before I can correct this or is there a workaround?

Try setting print mode to print in color (even if your printer is actually mono).

Yes, I’ve checked this since I had heard it cured some printing problems.
But it still occurs.
I attach a screenshot …

a pdf …

and a zipped Dorico file in case anyone can help here (and thanks for getting back to me, Leo)

Andy
Album for the Young.dorico.zip (797 KB)

Unfortunately I think you’re falling foul of a limitation in the PDF exporter that we’re using: it will render any line using a cosmetic pen of a single “pixel” in width regardless of how narrow we ask it to draw. Glissando lines do not currently respond to the ‘Color’ property so you can’t use that approach. For the time being I would recommend that you post-process the PDF files to remove the glissando lines in a graphic editing program like Adobe Illustrator, Affinity Designer, or Inkscape.

For the record, we are working on sophisticated features for guitar fingering that will include proper built-in support for these kinds of fingering slides, so you won’t have to use these kinds of laborious workarounds in future.

Excellent news re the future!
And I’ll use your suggestions for now.
Thanks very much, Daniel.