Hiding Individual Fingering

A small feature request, which by the looks of a couple of other posts, could be useful in a number of ways.

Instead of the global hiding of fingerings within Layout Options, it would be helpful to be able to select individual fingerings and choose to hide them without losing them altogether. It could be as simple as adjusting the behavior of toggling a fingering off in the Properties panel, so that rather than deleting it, it retains the fingering data in case that property is re-enabled. (And is overwritten if a new fingering is input with the fingering popover).

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you tell me a little bit about the requirement behind this request?

Thanks for considering Daniel. My use case would be similar to that first post I linked, where I want to spell out quite a few fingerings for a beginner student, and also a version with only “useful” fingerings. Also, in a recent transcription project, I found myself writing in a lot of fingerings that interested me in the performance, then going back and toggling off some fingerings to experiment with which ones I wanted to keep or not, sometimes realizing I wanted one I had toggled off earlier.

Thanks for the additional context. We’ll think about this.