Hiding notes

But that, in itself, is a philosophy, no?
It’s just that it’s your philosophy.

Using Expressions, shown or hidden, to trigger keyswitches is a perfectly logical process; it may seem arcane if that is not the way one is used to–but it can grow on you if you let it.

Maybe this helps, select the note(s) then set Custom scale to zero :

@pianoleo that’s a real problem indeed

An option that you are free to use has no impact on you if you do not want to use it while not offering a choice has an impact on those who wished that choice.

Oddly scale stops at 1 here

By the way I tried to embed a YouTube-Video, but couldn’t it get to work. So how did you do that? I searched the help section, but without any success :frowning_face:

Copy and paste the Youtube url straight into the message box. The forum software does the rest automatically.

That’s hilarious, I tried everything, but that … I embedded iframe-tags, video tags and so on …
But would have never thought of the easiest thing …. :yum:

Hey, I want to ask how to do this(keep notehead without notes)?
Thanks

I think in the example you replied to I simply selected those notes, and changed the opacity in Properties/Common/Color/Alpha Channel. Is that what you mean?

You can create a notehead set, replacing the noteheads with a space character. (Then there’s still something to select.)

Then it’s very easy to apply the notehead set to a given note.

Oh, sorry, I made a mistake. I mean to delete notehead and keep stem only.

In addition to creating empty noteheads, you can suppress playback (in the Properties panel). That combination may be the best way to get what you desire.

Do you mean to open the suppress playback? I’ve opened it, but nothing changed.