Hiding rests and hiding rest-dots

The H-stroke for hiding something in Finale was very helpful. I wish Dorico had a similar simple function like that. I don’t like going to Edit → Remove Rests, because I think the parts may become disorganized.
For the scaling down to 1, I am afraid this doesn’t work in Dorico 4 for dotted rests/notes.

As you can see, the rest is scaled down to 1, but the dot didn’t change to 1. The “solution” I’ve found was to use force duration so I had a quarter and an eight-note rest instead of a dotted quarter. And then scaling it to one. Yet, even so, there were still 2 small points that I could still see:

So, in addition to all that, I had to change the rests position so the small points were on the line. But obviously, this isn’t practical, especially if you were used to hit “H” on Finale and that’s it.
I know Dorico doesn’t work as Finale (each software has its advantages and its disadvantages), but is there a easier way to do it?

PS: Is changing the color 100% to white 100% safe? I am afraid and orchestra may print the score and/or the parts in a slightly brown color, and the white-colored rests would appear.