HiDPI in Windows 10

I activated HiDIP in the Program Settings. But now everything is reeally small on a high resolution display. Does a proper HiDpi scaling actually work on Windows or is this feature only for Mac Users?
EDIT: It only seems to work at 150% scaling but then it’s reeeally big

This might help.

@Matthias Quellman
Any plans to submit full HiDPI support for Windows in a maintanance update?

HiDPI support working on Windows 10 is the biggest selling point of Cubase 10 for me,
I too would like better understanding of what is “Limited” and will these limitations ever be resolved?
Thank you

+1
thanks

Currently Cubase supports only integer monitor scaling settings from Windows, for example:

• Monitor scaling setting of 125% displays Cubase with 100%
  • Monitor scaling setting of 150% displays Cubase with 200%
  • Monitor scaling setting of 175% displays Cubase with 200%
  • Monitor scaling setting of 200% displays Cubase with 200%

The limitations are described in the knowledge base article. Basically it’s the limitation to integer monitor scaling on Windows. Maybe wait for the trial and give it a test run on your monitor setup.

Of course this limitation is not what we understand as full HiDPI support on Windows and we are going to improve it in future updates.

Is there any way to force Cubase to use the 100% setting regardless of what the Desktop Percentage you have set? I have a 4k monitor set to 200% but I run cubase at native 4k.

In Cubase 10’s current form I have only 2 choices,

1. run cubase at 200% (which is too cramped)
  2. set my monitor to 125%, then log off then back on.

also as a sub note, at least on windows the track waveforms appear to be at a lower resolution.

Does future update mean maintenance update (10.0x) or do we have to wait for the next version?

Did they change this? I use windows at 150% and force cubase to run at 4k, if this has changed this update is a no-go for me

Yes, if you have your windows set to 150% at this moment in time there is no way to run cubase at 4k native (full resolution)
you have to drop down to 125% then log off and back on, right clicking the exe and choosing ignore dpi settings does nothing anymore…

If you want to use full 4K without the limitations “too small”, we need to use at least a 45- 50 inch monitor. Only then are all the pixels again at about 90 ppi as in the past with the usual screens. Otherwise, the graphics must be scaled, so that the benefits of 4K are partially lost again.

Informations: Confused about HiDPI and Retina display? ― Understanding pixel density in the age of 4K | EIZO

Hi Matthias. Can you clarify this?
With mi 40” screen, I use windows at 125% and cubase at 100% (ignoring the scaling)

Are you saying that this isn’t possible anymore? What has changed?

Just disable HiDPI in Cubase and it will work like the 9.5 does although you won’t get the HiDPI support. Until Steinberg support other scaling factors other than 100% and 200% it’s the only solution.

Let me get this: so currently the scaling with HiDPI is either full 4K (which is basically unusable, I am afraid) or 2K?

It unfortunately does not work in the same way as 9.5 when you disable HiDPI, it locks to 200% when you disable HiDPI (or presumably whatever you have your scale value to, and there is no way to disable this. (that i have found))

Can’t say my experience is the same. I’m running at 150% scaling on a 4k monitor and I just disable HiDPI and it looks like the usual.

sorry yes, if your ‘usual’ is 150 then disabling HiDPI will give you your ‘usual’ my usual is 100, when i set my scaling to 200, as I disable all scaling

I’m running on Win7 with 4k and 150% Windows scaling.

Cubase 10 doesn’t even -have- a HiDPI option in the General tab. Is this normal?

Cubase only supports the HiDPI mode on Windows 10.

Hope this helps.