High ASIO meter with dropouts, pops and clicks

I have built a new dedicated audio PC with the specs below. I installed Cubase 6 32 bit and 64 bit. In 32bit after recording and playing back I notice I can periodically hear pops and clicks and can see the ASIO meter spilke. So far this has not been an issue with the 64 bit version. The only reason to use the 32 version is to take advantage of the iphone SDK remote. I am a drummer and love this function to be able to sit behind the kit and start recording. Please Steinberg when will the SDK become available for x64?

I went ahead and installed Cubase v5.5 and the ASIO meter looks normal while under load and no pops and cicks can be heard. Not sure why I would get pops and clicks in Cubase 6 x32 with this hi end gear.

Motherboard: GA-890FXA-UD5. Onboard Audio device is turned off
CPU: PH II X6 1100T 3.3G
MEM: 16GB GSKILL F3-14900
Audio Hardware: 2x RME HDSPe Madi, RME Raydat. Latest drivers. I tried all buffer setting with no success. I tried each RME card indipendently but still got pops and clicks in C6 x32.

I use to run C5.5 on older hardware with 4 gb of ram and never had pops and clicks, Any idea?

Hate to say it but it could be your iPhone. Devices connected to your PC (or Mac) by Wifi/Blutooth can seriously affect your DAW ability to record without drop-outs etc. I’m not sure how your iPhone is connecting to your PC but if via Blutooth it’s worth trying disabling Wifi or vice versa.

I’m only guessing as I had a terrible time a few years back until I got rid of a Blutooth keyboard and nowadays I only put my DAW on WiFi once a month for sofware updates. They can cause massive ASIO spikes if left on in the background.