Hitpoint detection broken.

Dear all

According to Steinberg (see here https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/de/articles/206621710-Windows-10-Kompatibilität-mit-Steinberg-Software) Cubase 10 is only compatible with Windows 1809 and since I updated Windows to 1809 all my Cubase issues are gone.

In some posts I saw that Cubase 10 is used with Windows 1803… and therefore I kindly ask if someone that is using Windows 1809 could confirm the issue.

This happens to me in OS X.

My DAW was set up 2 weeks ago and win10 is latest

I would not see it that way that Cubase 10 is supposed to work only with 1809.
But it is at least the latest release of Windows it is approved for. For instance, older Cubase versions are not officially tested agains 1809…
And broken Hitpoint detection is certainly not related to a Windows release

Well… what kind of issues in a Software do you relate to an Operating System?

Since I upgraded to 1809 all my problems are gone and I am not aware of a hitpoint-detection problem. Therefore if someone provides mea problem-audio-clip I will test it in my system.

oh…

I just saw that one post above Brandy confirms the issue with the latest Windows version.

In this case I kindly ask you to ignore my posts.

Just to add to the chorus… this is my no 1 annoyance with Cubase 10, Steinberg please fix this for the next patch.

Just some add on. I would say the Hitpoint stuff was never “perfect”. Ok for slicing/editing drums but not OK for sample recplacing/blending - not precise enough. But I would be happy at least have the old version back - ATM it is useless. I recently made some screenshots.

Cubase 10:

→ Broken, the hitpoints are basically all over the place…

Cubase 9.5:

→ OK for slicing and beat detective style editing

When the stuff gets faster - here a from a double-kick in a metal scenario - it is not even VERY fast (240 bpm and above exists - this was just 150 bpm or something) - hitpoints needs LOT of manual editing - even in the older version.

10.0.15 Update is available and no hitpoint detection repair :frowning:

I think this should be the first thing in the priorities list. How do you @ a steinberg employee forum member to get them to acknowledge this thread?

Just as i thought. It usually takes min 3 update cycles until the major bugs are fixed. Fingers crossed for the next one :wink:

:-1:t2:

Why do you think they care ? They don’t!

Disappointing to not see any update with this so far…

Was not aware of the update - NO fix at all? Really? Does Steinberg actually read this forum?

First, sorry for the silence! I have to admit that I just made my first encounter with this topic and as far as I can see, there is no recent entry on this in our bug base.
I have made some tests with the detection again and it looks good here - with very few exceptions.

@all, are there any good example files in the Cubase stock content that show this?
@Brandy, would it be possible to have one of the faster drum tracks where Cubase struggles the most? Please send that to info [at] steinberg dot de and mention my name in the subject. As soon as I can reproduce this here, I’ll set up a new bug report.

See the answer from Andreas Mazurkiewicz :

Eckhard, thanks for jumping in - I do not have a clue were I made those screenshots. But I can set up a project for you which will feature similar waves to these above.

As everyone here can agree: Hitpoints are NOT as precise anymore. They were not perfect but fine in 9.5. Of course there will be hitpoints when you generate them in C10… but they will be often slightly off. I have to ad: I have switched of the automatic hitpoint generation, I generate them manually when I need them.

Ed, as metioned in the link following your post, Andreas has said that the accuracy of the positioning of the hitpoints is off and will be adressed in a future update.

I am having problems with my recorded audio too, I have to work in 9.5 to have reliable results.

Could you talk to the developement team to put this high in the priority list, since is a very important part of the workflow?
Thanks!

Told to keep to one post…
Hitpoints are still NOT fixed in 10.0.15!